Western Association of Educational Opportunity Personnel
Southern California Chapter
Benefits of Membership
- Professional Development trainings/conferences and registration discounts
- Opportunities for Leadership positions
- Opportunity to present at conferences
- Access to a large membership of TRiO professionals
- Chapter Meetings for regular, face-to-face contact
- Listserv communications for instant access to membership
- Ability to form regional consortiums/partnerships
- Legislative Updates and Calls to Action regarding TRIO funding and oversight
- Participate in the Student Leadership Conference
- Nomination privilege for SoCal WESTOP’s Peggy J Whitehead Scholarship
How to Get Involved
- The SoCal WESTOP Service Council is a group of association members who have volunteered to assist the organization through various ways.
- To get involved, simply e-mail the current chairperson and express your interest to help, or contact the chapter president.