Hello SoCal WESTOP Members,
You are invited to submit workshop proposals for this year’s SoCal WESTOP Student Leadership Conference on April 28, 2018 at Los Angeles Southwest College. The theme for this year's conference is: Decoding your 21st Century Education: Leveraging TRIO Connections for Success.
Play an active role in this year’s conference and help us make this event a success! In order for us to have a variety of workshops to offer at this year’s Student Leadership Conference, proposals need to fall into the following general strands or themes:
1) Leadership (identify your leadership style, public speaking)
2) Civic engagement and advocacy (how to start your own club)
3) Academic skill development (technology literacy, time management, goal setting)
4) Social skill development (networking)
5) Financial skill development (understanding financial aid, grant writing, budgeting)
6) Career development (career planning, graduate school planning, interview skills, resume building)
Leadership Workshop Requirements:
• Proposals are due Friday, March 16, 2018
• Please indicate if you have a specific time preference for your presentation(s)
• Requests will be accommodated whenever possible
• Presenter should be a college access professional, current university student or have a college degree
• Presenter should have experience working w/ low-income/first-generation students
• Neither honoraria nor expenses will be paid to program presenters
• 1 hr long (including Q & A)
• Accommodate between 20 to 50 middle, high school, and college students
• All Selected presenters will be notified by Monday April 9, 2018.
To submit your proposal, fill out the workshop proposal application. Accepted presenters do not need to register for the conference or pay the registration fee.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Temo Solorio by email at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your proposals soon!
Student Leadership Conference Call for Workshop Proposals
Western Association of Educational Opportunity Personnel
Southern California Chapter